Located in Gilbert at Warner and Recker Roads on the Southwest corner, LFPA Warner opened August 19, 2013 and has enjoyed very successful growth and student accomplishment since opening. We invite everyone to visit with the principal, and tour the school (please call 480-248-8025 for appointment). Parents can enroll their children at the school or enrollment forms can be downloaded by clicking on the ‘Enrollment’ tab in the main menu.
LFPA Warner school is housed in a state-of-the-art two story building with large classrooms, a state-of-the-art gym that doubles as a performance stage and theater, and a field for soccer. The school offers the same highly qualified teaching staff and well trained support staff that has been the foundation of all LFPA schools for the past 18 years.
All of our staff welcome students, parents and community to Learning Foundation and Performing Arts school as we look forward to an exciting year.
Dear LFPA Families
We look forward to working with with all of our stakeholders throughout the year and are thankful for the support and assistance that provides a positive and productive educational experience for the children.
Learning Foundation and Performing Arts Warner is devoted to becoming a leader in education through scholarly learning and performing arts that embrace the whole student. To accomplish this vision, the mission of LFPA is to provide a well-rounded, rigorous academic and performing arts environment with high standards that prepare students to become lifelong learners.
Our staff is involved in a continuous school improvement plan with goals that are designed to improve learning for all students. We have created a phenomenal leadership model that incorporates the “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Dr. Stephen Covey. This model also promotes learning for all students and enhances our learning environment
Parents, we ask you to please encourage your students to engage in reading activities whenever possible. Even the reading of fun books and special interest magazines will help your student to refine his/her skills in this pivotal area. Regular reading at all grade levels will stimulate higher-level thinking skills and provide a positive foundation for learning.
Our front office is open to serve our families throughout the week from 7:45 to 4:15 M-Th and 7:45-3:30 Friday. If you have questions and need to speak with front office staff, the principal or any staff member please call or stop by any time Monday to Friday.
We look forward to working with all of our stakeholders every day and to meeting new students and families.
At LFPA schools we value our parents as working partners. In order to have successful school/home partnerships we feel it is important for parents to be knowledgeable about the many components that are involved in the education of our students. We ask that you take a moment to read over the following important points and contact your school or the district if there are any topics you would like more information on.
1. Are you aware of your schools mission and vision? If you are unsure of the school’s purpose we encourage you to read the mission and vision statements posted at the school, on the website and in the student handbook. We are proud of being devoted to what we do, and hope that you share in our pride by helping your student(s) to be aware of and understand the goals of their school. We hope that you will talk to your children regularly about our mission and vision.
2. Are you aware of our ongoing efforts to improve the quality of education your child receives? School Improvement is an on going process. We hold meetings to address and revisit school goals and continually review and revise strategies and improvement actions as part of our school improvement process. We encourage your input as stakeholders.
3. Are you aware of support services offered at your school? We are proud to offer multiple support services at our schools. We have an excellent special education team to address the needs of students with disabilities. We also offer Title One support services and tutoring to academically at-risk students. We have an assessment program that allows us to focus on specific educational needs. Acuity tailors the individual needs of all students by identifying strengths and weaknesses. This allows students to focus on academic gaps, as well as, be challenged with academic strengths.
4. Are you aware of our district governing board? At LFPA we have a governing board that helps with all important school decisions. The governing board oversees all operations. This includes school policy, school budgets, curriculum, etc. Governing board meeting notices are always posted on our front door and on the district web site at least 48 hours before meetings.
5. Are you aware of what goes on in your child’s classroom and how to communicate regularly with teachers? Our teachers are required to post class objectives in visible areas of the classroom. Feel free to ask teachers questions about your child’s specific learning needs, curriculum, etc. Parents may always reach teachers by direct phone calls or email. Responses to questions, comments, or concerns will always be addressed within 24 business hours.
6. Are you aware you should be talking with your student regularly about what he or she is learning at school? We implore you to communicate regularly with your child about what is going on in the classroom. Here are some ideas to help engage your child in school discussions.
Ask your child if he/she understands the learning expectations in school.
Ask your child to explain lessons they have learned and to provide you examples on how those lessons relate to every day life.
Ask your child what type of assessments they are taking in school.
Ask your child what adult advocate they have at school who they could depend on and trust. Who is that adult? How do they help your child? What does he/she do to help your child feel safe and encouraged?
We hope this message is informative for our families. We encourage feedback from our families should you ever have questions, comments, or suggestions. Thank you for trusting LFPA to meet the academic needs of your children.