Welcome to Learning Foundation & Performing Arts Gilbert. It is an honor to be part of the LFPA family where we pride ourselves on a strong culture of caring, learning, and high expectations.
Our Vision is to become a leader in education through scholarly learning and performing arts that embrace the whole student.
Our Mission is to provide a well-rounded, rigorous academic and performing arts environment with high standards that prepare students to become lifelong learners.
At LFPA, we understand that all students are individuals with their own unique learning styles, belief systems, perspectives, and goals. We not only accept these differences, but also consider it our utmost responsibility to embrace them and to celebrate and learn from each and every student. Our Character Counts program helps our students embrace these ideals as well.
Our student-centered faculty and staff are a committed group of caring educators. We encourage all students to work towards mastery through assignments, tasks, and concepts, rather than be content with proficiency. We strive to instill in each student the willingness and ability to persevere, to try, struggle, fail, learn, and grow, as this will define them and their successes in the future.
Within this framework we strive to provide our students with a variety of opportunities. Students at LFPA participate in multiple performances throughout the school year including an annual outdoor Fall showcase, our annual Winter Dinner Theater, and multiple productions such as Disney’s Little Mermaid, Aladdin Jr., The Wizard of Oz, and more. We also have showcase performances presented by our drama, dance, guitar, and keyboard classes, in addition to our talented performance choir, Soundsations. LFPA students also participate in our National Honor Society chapter, ACE program partnered with Chandler Gilbert Community College, martial arts classes and compete on our competitive sports teams.
Thank you for entrusting LFPA with the education of your child and for the continued support of our school. If you have any needs, comments, or compliments, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Robert Villa, Principal
LFPA Award Winning Show Choir, Soundsations, has brought home numerous trophies and awards from competitions at Disneyland, New York City, California Adventure, FAME show choir national championships, and more. Soundsations also produces and performs shows for the community and our school. Students who love to sing and dance, are serious about their talents and want to learn to be an amazing performer are the pillars of this wonderfully entertaining award winning show choir.
LFPA Ceramics Class Helps Feed the Hungary!
The LFPA Ceramics class hosted an “Empty Bowls Project” whereby volunteers crafted bowls for the event. The bowls were sold on World Hunger Day filled with soup for a donation of $10. The class donated the proceeds of $2005.00 to the St. Vincent de Paul pantry.
Learning Foundation and Performing Arts-Gilbert is a junior and senior high school dedicated to supporting each student in the attainment of his or her highest academic and creative potential. The educational focus is designed to foster each individual’s capacity for self-development and personal responsibility that will prepare students for success in college, career, and adult life. LFPA recognizes that a student’s education is a responsibility shared by school and family during the entire period the student spends in school.
LFPA faculty and staff pledge to:
• Provide a safe campus and a classroom climate of mutual respect.
• Communicate with students and parents in a regular and timely manner through telephone, email, conferences, and the Jupiter Grades online grading program.
• Provide motivating and interesting learning experiences using a variety of teaching methods in the classroom which support the rigor required by the Arizona College & Career Readiness Standards.
• Address the individual needs of each student, effectively facilitate student learning, and provide ample student academic support services.
Student Pledge and commitment to the Four Pillars of Excellence:
• Participate in all efforts put forth by my teachers and LFPA staff to educate me, which may include attending tutoring, doing homework, turning in assignments, completing projects, studying and being prepared for test.
• Complete all class work and homework to the best of my ability on a daily basis.
• Be proactive in school, community and family.
• Behave in a manner that is conducive to learning and does not distract other students.
• Set a positive example for other students and contribute to the growth of others.
• Exhibit and be accountable for the character traits of responsibility, respect, trustworthiness, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
• Abide by the rules and policies of LFPA including wearing the required uniform every day.
• Conduct myself with dignity and respect during school hours and activities on campus as well as before and after school.
• Treat other students and teachers with respect and refrain from any bullying behaviors including physical harm, teasing, exclusion, and intimidation.
• Arrive on time for school and classes on a daily basis.
• Help others without consideration of repayment.
• Seek opportunities to better our campus.
• Participate in service opportunities in our school and community when possible.
These pledges are essential to the mission of our school. Students and staff must uphold these pledges or jeopardize their opportunity to be a part of the Learning Foundation & Performing Arts experience in education.
Dear LFPA students,
Welcome back veteran students and welcome to the new students of LFPA! We are glad to have all of you here to make this our best year yet! Last year was a year of great performances.
Performances by the Junior High Musical Theater students and the Senior High Musical Theater students were spectacular. We know this year has many great gifts and surprises in store for us and we are excitedly looking forward to more spectacular performances.
Our drama classes were outstanding in the productions they performed in last year and we look forward to watching the drama students exceed all expectations again this year!
The Voice class sang on stage in beautiful harmony last year and also exceeded all expectations. The class looks and sounds SO good!!! We are VERY excited to hear and watch their performances this year!
The dance classes brought tears to all of our eyes last year in the “Spring Dance Works” performances as we said goodbye to all of our talented seniors! We saw many special performances throughout the year that certainly moved us. We already know that this year will also touch the emotions of the audiences as they watch our students perform.
Hopefully, this short summary of last year will give new students an impression of what to expect for this year! Thank you for coming to LFPA! If you have any questions please contact Mr. Thorn or Ms. Siegler.