Dear Learning Foundation Families:
Welcome to the Learning Foundation “Back to Basics” school! We are excited about our intelligent, talented, and creative students who experience the best of what our outstanding teaching staff has to offer.
Our goal is to offer a high-quality instructional environment in which all students will learn and excel academically and socially. The school day is structured to infuse students with a love of learning and will provide them with the academic and character skills necessary to succeed in junior high, high school, college and a competitive world.
Below are some of the educational highlights featured at Learning Foundation “Back to Basics”:
· Highly-qualified teachers: The primary factor impacting student achievement is teacher quality. We are committed to ensuring that there is a talented and caring teacher in every classroom.
· More time on task: Our school day consist of small group instruction during the day as well as rigorous creative instruction in all content areas.
· Support for struggling students: All students will learn — we accept no excuses. The students of Learning Foundation “Back to Basics” will be assessed using the Acuity Assessment Program in the core subjects so that struggling students can be identified and receive additional academic assistance so they do not fall behind.
· Commitment to character education: All students live by the Learning Foundation Core Values (Respect Yourself, Respect Others, Respect Teaching and Learning). Our goal is to develop well-rounded students, and we will teach these character values as explicitly as we teach academics.
· A balanced curriculum: Our curriculum includes electives in Art, Physical Education, Technology, Music and Kempo.
· Uniform Policy: All students must come to school dressed in a blue, red, or white polo (collared) shirt with the Learning Foundation logo worn with navy, tan, or black pants, skirts or shorts (skirts/shorts must be finger tipped length or longer).
These are just a few of the attributes that help create a quality educational experience at the Learning Foundation “Back to Basics” school. We look forward to creating a school culture committed to excellence and laying academic and behavioral foundations for each student.